Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Lehigh or Northampton counties in Pennsylvania.
Joining Is Easy
To become a member of People First, you are required to open a Primary Share/Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5.00. It is easy to open your account online or stop by any People First branch located throughout Lehigh and Northampton counties to complete a membership application.
Immediate Family Membership
Membership can be extended to immediate family members residing outside of Lehigh and Northampton Counties. The original eligible member, who lives, works, worships or attends school in Lehigh or Northampton County is not required to be a member of People First for their family membership to be activated, however they do need to be eligible.
- Original eligible member is defined as the person who is passing on eligibility to an immediate family member.
- Immediate family member is defined as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships.
- When a person joins People First FCU through an immediate family relationship, the new member creates a totally new immediate family unit.
In-laws, not listed as an immediate family member, can become eligible for membership through a family relationship.
- A variety of deposit and loan products at competitive rates with fewer fees.
- A free Share Draft/Checking account with a free Visa Debit Card, online banking, bill pay, and overdraft protection.
- 24-Hour convenient services which allow you to apply for a loan, transfer money or withdraw money at ATMs
- Discount Movie and Amusement Park Tickets
- Night Deposit Box
- American Express Travelers Cheques
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Money Orders
Once A Member, Always A Member
When you change your job, move or retire you can remain a member of People First. We can show you how easy it is to access your credit union accounts and conduct financial transactions online, on your mobile phone, by mail, telephone, fax, or at nationwide ATMs.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account with us:
To help the US Government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you is this - when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to properly identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents, per the USA Patriot Act.