Buying a new home is undoubtedly one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. Finding a home that you love and you can afford is
only one step in the mortgage process. With all the paperwork to complete and records to submit, it can be overwhelming to apply for a mortgage - but
People First Federal Credit Union can help.
Make an appointment with one of our People First Mortgage Specialists or apply online. Make sure you have:
- W-2 for the last two years and one months' recent pay stubs
- Place of residence for the last two years
- Employer name, address and phone number for the last two years
- If this is a purchase, fully executed agreement of sale signed by both buyer(s) and seller(s)
- Bank names, account numbers and balances
- Most recent bank statements for the last month, all pages
- An appraisal will be conducted for a minimal fee
- If self-employed, last two years' tax returns with all schedules
- Green card for permanent resident aliens
- Account numbers, addresses, balances/monthly payments on all open loans and credit cards
A mortgage specialist will verify your employment and assets and review your credit history.
An appraiser will appraise the home you want to buy.
All of your information is sent to an underwriter for final approval.
Upon approval, your mortgage specialist will schedule the closing with you and your settlement agent. At this time you will need to provide
the declaration page and a paid receipt for one year of homeowner's insurance.
Move into your new home!