We look forward to welcoming you back.
With the upcoming move from Yellow to Green we are busy making plans to reintroduce lobby transactions. Beginning Monday, July 6th, teller transactions in the lobby at branches with a drive-thru will be available. We will be following the CDC and PA Department of Health requirements which means we will need to limit the number of members in the lobby. Also, all members are required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing. If you choose to not wear a mask, we ask you continue to use drive-thru. A greeter will meet you when you enter the branch, will ask to see your photo ID, and let you know if you may enter the branch. As you enter the branch you will see blue floor markers indicating the appropriate distance as well as plastic barriers at teller windows.
To avoid members waiting in the lobby, loans and new accounts will be by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 610.797.7440 at the appropriate extension below. Please remain in your car when you arrive for the appointment and call the staff member as instructed.
Main office – EXT. 110, Bethlehem Branch – EXT. 504,
Bethlehem Township Branch – EXT. 192, Nazareth Branch – EXT. 215,
Trexlertown Branch – EXT. 207, Whitehall Branch – EXT. 199
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Over the past week you have received several emails from People First as we work to keep you informed of the actions we are taking to protect you and our staff from COVID-19. I urge you to continue to read our update emails, Facebook posts, and information at PeopleFirstcu.org.
As this situation evolves, we understand the challenges placed on you and our staff. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to serve your needs while maintaining social distance. Credit Unions have been deemed essential to our economy and we are open through this situation. Our dedicated employees are doing all they can to serve you efficiently.
People First has plans and back-ups in place to help ensure uninterrupted service for you in times like these. There are several things you can do now to be better prepared for the days and weeks ahead. We suggest you enroll in our online banking products, Mobile Access and PC Access. If you haven't yet, I urge you to do so. A Visa® Debit Card will also let you make deposits and get access to cash without the need to wait in line at drive-thru.
Here are some other steps you can take to better prepare for the coming weeks:
- Make sure your contact information with us is up to date. We have been relying on email more and more to quickly deliver information. By making sure we have your email address on file you will be included in those messages.
- Like and follow our Facebook page. We are posting helpful hints and useful articles there as well.
- Be on the alert for coronavirus scams. Work from home scams are common during times of economic uncertainty. There have also been coronavirus-related charity scams and home testing kits that have popped up.
- Prepare your finances for the upcoming uncertainty. During this time, you may want to pay down debt and avoid incurring additional purchases. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, contact us at 610.797.7440 to see if we may be able to help.
People First is well capitalized and our prudent business practices ensure we are prepared for economic cycles. As a member of People First, your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
All of us here at People First are looking forward to the time when we can serve you face to face again. We would like to thank you for your patience as we work through these changes. And we thank you for your membership. Please stay safe and healthy.
The impact of COVID-19 has been unprecedented. We want you to know that the health and safety of you and our employees is our utmost concern. We know you often turn to us regarding your financial wellness and we do not take that responsibility lightly. To help protect you and our employees, beginning Friday, March 20, 2020, People First will begin limiting branch access to drive-thru only. At this time, we will continue to maintain our regular business hours.
Access to branches for new accounts, loans, and safe deposit boxes will be by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 610.797.7440. and use the following extensions:
Main office – EXT. 110
Bethlehem Branch – EXT. 504
Bethlehem Township Branch – EXT. 192
Nazareth Branch – EXT. 561
Trexlertown Branch – EXT. 207
Whitehall Branch – EXT. 199
Our online loan application is available on our website as well.
Our Sacred Heart and Walbert Avenue Locations are closed at this time.
We encourage you to use our convenience services like PC Access, Mobile Access, and our Visa® Debit Card. These will give you access to your accounts whenever and wherever you need. People First's ATM machines are readily available, and Wawa and Sheetz have surcharge free machines as well.
We are working to continue to provide you with the level of service you deserve and are accustomed to. The call for social distancing has led to higher call volumes in our member service center and more members using the drive-thru. We ask for your patience if wait times are longer than normal.
If you are experiencing a financial hardship due to this outbreak, please contact us at 610.797.7440 so we can discuss and explore options with you.
We will continue to provide you updates on any other changes on our website, by email and on WFMZ.com. As always, we thank you for your membership and trust.
We at People First are doing all we can to continue to serve you during the COVID-19 outbreak. You have certainly heard the requests for non-essential business to close to minimize personal interaction. While we urge you to avoid frequenting public gatherings, we certainly understand your need to access your credit union. We plan to keep our branches open but may as the situation changes, alter that plan for example by, limiting lobby access or reducing hours. At this time, we have temporarily closed our Sacred Heart branch.
To help keep our members healthy and safe, our convenient, secure electronic services give you the freedom to do all your banking without even leaving home. Some of the services we offer include:
- PC Access and Mobile Access – You can check your balances and make transfers. You can even make P2P payments and deposit a check with Mobile Access. Register for PC Access
- Visa® Debit Card – gives you the flexibility to withdraw money and make purchases without stepping into the credit union. Apply for a Visa® Debit Card
- eLoan Payment Portal – You can transfer your payment from another financial institution to make your loan payments at People First. Access our eLoan Payment Portal
- Online loan applications – You can conveniently apply for a loan from home. Access our Online Loan Application
- SecurLock Equip – This app lets you monitor the transactions on your People First Visa® credit and debit cards. You can even restrict transactions and turn your card on and off to prevent fraud. Visit our SecurLock page for more information.
Signing up today can save you a trip. These great services is safe, easy, and free.
Thank you for your membership and hope you stay safe and healthy.
At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.