Frequently Asked Questions
Direct Deposit FAQs
- What is Direct Deposit?
- Why should I use Direct Deposit?
- How can I sign up for Direct Deposit?
- What is the correct Routing/Transit Number for People First FCU?
- What is the difference between Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction?
- How do I stop Direct Deposit?
- What types of payments can be Directly Deposited?
- How can I control where my money goes if I don't get a paycheck?
Direct deposit is a safe and easy way to have your money deposited directly into your People First account. Direct deposit allows a company or organization to electronically deposit money to your account on a scheduled basis. So instead of taking the time to cash a check yourself, the money will automatically be deposited into your account on the appointed date. It's that simple!
Direct deposit offers you many advantages over checks, including:
- Convenience: No more special trips to the credit union to cash your check.
- Reliability: No more waiting for your check to arrive in the mail. You can have peace of mind knowing your money will always be in your account on time.
- Security: No more worrying about lost, stolen, or misplaced checks.
To sign up for direct deposit please contact your employer or payment provider for details. Simply provide the following People First FCU Routing/Transit Number - 231379115. For saving deposits use your credit union account number. To have the funds directly deposited into your checking account utilize the 10-digit account number on the bottom of your checks.
The correct Routing/Transit Number is 231379115.
With direct deposit, your paycheck, retirement or government-issued check is electronically transferred and deposited into your credit union account every pay period. With payroll deduction, a pre-determined portion of your net pay is automatically deposited into your account(s) every pay period.
To stop direct deposit contact your employer or payment provider.
Any ongoing regularly scheduled payment is a good candidate for direct deposit. In addition to company salary, pension payments, unemployment payments, and income received from investments, annuities and mutual funds, many government payments may qualify.
Direct deposit gives you complete control. You designate the financial institution (People First FCU), and the account (savings or checking), for your pay to be directly deposited into. Then, if you would like funds transferred to another savings or loan account, you can set it up with a credit union Representative.
At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.