Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital Accident Plan (HAP) FAQs
- I have health insurance through my employer, why do I need the Hospital Accident Plan?
- Is the amount paid directly to the hospital or to my physician?
- Can I specify that the payment be paid directly to the hospital or physician?
- If I go to the hospital for elective surgery, can I file a claim?
- Do I have to take a medical exam or answer a lot of health questions?
- Can I be turned down for this insurance?
- Is there an age cut off?
- When does my coverage begin?
- How long does it take before I receive my Certificate of Insurance?
- How will I be billed?
- How long will it take to process my claim?
- Who is the plan administrator?
This insurance supplements your other coverage plans. In the event you are hospitalized because of an accident injury, HAP pays you cash for each day you are hospitalized.
No. The cash is paid directly to you, unless you say otherwise, to spend any way you choose. It's designed to help defray the cost of hospitalization or the incidentals that result from an unplanned hospital stay.
Yes. You may designate a doctor, hospital, or anyone you choose.
No. This insurance pays for covered accidents only. Hospitalization due to sickness or disease is not covered.
No. There are no medical questions or physical exams required to qualify.
No. Your coverage is guaranteed, provided you are 18 years of age or older.
No termination age; however, benefits reduce to 50% at age 65, and reduce to 25% at age 75.
The effective date is shown on your Certificate of Insurance.
It takes about 30 days from the time the enrollment form is received to process and issue the Certificate of Insurance.
Share and Share Draft premiums will be automatically debited from your account quarterly/monthly. These transactions will be reflected on your statement.
The claims are processed within five days of the Plan Administrator receiving the appropriate information and documentation in their offices in Nashville, TN. Once processed, the claim is then forwarded to the underwriter
for determination of benefits.
The Plan Administrator is Affinion Benefits Group, LLC, a division of Affinion Group, the nation's largest provider of direct response insurance programs.
At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.