Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Recuperative Care Plan (RCP) FAQs

I have health insurance through my employer, why do I need RCP?

This insurance supplements your other coverage plans. In the event your doctor keeps you in the hospital because of an accidental injury or sickness, RCP pays you cash while you get better for each day you are hospitalized
by your doctor.

I have Hospital Accident Insurance, why do I need Recuperative Care Plan?

RCP picks up where HAP in-hospital insurance leaves off to cover out-of-pocket expenses when you are out of the hospital. Plus RCP adds "all-sickness" coverage even for pre-existing illnesses, pays extra "direct-to-you"
cash in addition to any other insurance, and provides "get well" benefits paid in one lump sum upon discharge.

Are there any restrictions on how I can spend my cash benefits?

The cash is paid directly to you to help defray the cost of recuperation or the incidentals that result from an unplanned hospital stay. When you are home from the hospital, you can spend it to pay monthly bills, recovery
expenses, or anything else you want.

If I go to the hospital for elective surgery, can I file a claim?

No. This insurance pays you cash while you get well only for each day that your doctor has kept you in the hospital for covered accidents and sicknesses.

Do I have to take a medical exam or answer a lot of health questions?

No. There are no medical questions or physical exams required to qualify.

Can I be turned down for this insurance?

No. Your coverage is guaranteed, provided you are 18 years of age or older.

Is there an age cut off?

No termination age, however, Recuperative Accident and Recuperative Sickness benefits reduce 50% at age 70.

When does my coverage begin?

The effective date is shown on your Certificate of Insurance.

How long does it take before I receive my Certificate of Insurance?

It takes about 30 days from the time the enrollment form is received to process and issue the Certificate of Insurance.

How will I be billed?

Share and Share Draft premiums will be automatically debited from your account quarterly/monthly. These transactions will be reflected on your statement.

How long will it take to process my claim?

The claims are processed within five days of the Plan Administrator receiving the appropriate information and documentation in their offices in Nashville, TN. Once processed, the claim is then forwarded to the underwriter
for determination of benefits.

Who is the plan administrator?

The Plan Administrator is Affinion Benefits Group, LLC, a division of Affinion Group, the nation's largest provider of direct response insurance programs.

Routing Number

The People First Routing & Transit (ABA) number is: 231379115

Mailing Address

2141 Downyflake Lane
Allentown, PA 18103

©2020 People First Federal Credit Union

Membership is available to those who live, work, worship or attend school in Lehigh or Northampton counties.

About Us

Click to Get Discounts on Love My Credit Union Rewards Products

At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.

Equal Housing Lender
Equal Opportunity Lender

Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.

Who's Who in Business - Lehigh Valley
Best of the Valley Logo
Reader's Choice - The Morning Call
Scroll To Top