Frequently Asked Questions
Wire Transfer FAQs
- What is a Wire Transfer?
- What information do I need to provide for an Outgoing Wire?
- What information do I need to provide for an Incoming Wire?
- What does it cost to send/receive a wire?
- How quickly will my funds be credited to my account?
A wire transfer is an electronic payment service for transferring funds (for example, through the Federal Reserve Wire Network or the Clearing House Interbank Payments System).
For outgoing wires, you will need to visit one of our eight convenient locations and supply us with:
- Amount of the wire
- Institution and branch name
- Exact address of the branch (including street, city, zip and country)
- Institution/Branch Routing/Transit Number
- Name of the person or company to whom you are sending the wire, their address and account number
- Further credit information (final beneficiary), if necessary
- Foreign Swift Code for international wires, if available
For incoming wires, you will need to supply the sender with the following:
- Send to: People First Federal Credit Union; ABA # 231379115; 2141 Downyflake Lane, Allentown PA 18103
- Further Credit to: member name, member account number, address and share number
- Foreign wire and swift code information: Please see the instruction sheet for more information.
Please view our Fee Schedule for details.
People First FCU recognizes the importance of these transactions and, as such, expedites processing of these funds. Final credit at the receiving institution may vary.
At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.