First Time Homebuyer Grant Program
Want to get up to $5,000 in cash for a down payment and closing costs?
Through First Front Door (FFD), if you qualify, a participating lender will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who qualifies for First Front Door funding?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven't owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years - this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through a participating lender.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
How to apply for a First Front Door grant.
A People First Mortgage Specialist will review these and other program requirements with you.
The 2018 FFD funding round will open on April 4.