First Time Homebuyer Grant Program
People First FCU is offering a first-time homebuyer grant program funded by FHLBank Pittsburgh.
Want to get up to $5,000 in cash for a down payment and closing costs?
Through First Front Door (FFD), if you qualify, a participating lender will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who qualifies for First Front Door funding?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven't owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years - this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through People First FCU.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
How to apply for a First Front Door grant.
A People First Mortgage Specialist will review these and other program requirements with you.
The 2020 FFD funding round will open on March 16.
At People First FCU we are improving the accessibility and usability of our website for our members and potential members. Our efforts are based on the standards for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. It is our policy to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal opportunity to benefit from our services on our website and on other online services. If you have any questions or need help with any content on our website or online services, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling our Member Service Center at 610.797.7440.
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.