We offer a variety of mortgages, including programs for first time home buyers.
We understand that you're an individual with unique mortgage needs. Your personal Mortgage Specialist will walk you through every step of the process - from application to closing. And we'll put you in the mortgage that's best for you.
- Fixed-Rate Mortgages
- Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
- FHA Mortgages
- Remodeling Mortgages
- Construction/Permanent Mortgages
- Refinance Mortgages
Two easy ways to get started:
- Apply for a People First Mortgage Online and get pre-approved in 3 to 5 business days.
- Call to make an appointment at 610.797.7440 or 1.800.446.5598 extension 612.
First Time Home Buyers
Buying a first home is exciting but can also be overwhelming. Through preparation and understanding the home buying process, you can achieve your dream of homeownership. People First FCU offers down payment assistance programs through the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) as well as the First Front Door Grant program. To see if you qualify for these programs Apply for a Preapproval and our knowledgeable staff will find the best program available to fit your needs and get you on your way to homeownership.
People First is offering a first-time homebuyer grant program funded by FHLBank Pittsburgh. Through First Front Door (FFD), if you qualify, a participating lender will match your contribution 3-to-1. For every $1 you contribute, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Who qualifies for First Front Door funding?
- Be a first-time homebuyer (which means you haven't owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years - this includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years).
- Secure a first mortgage through a participating lender.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
How to Apply
A People First Mortgage Specialist will review these and other program requirements with you.